welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

so, it's really going to happen

Today I gave the greenhouse company payment for the structure and it should arrive in three to four weeks. Hard for me to believe, but it's true. A greenhouse is something I've wanted my whole life and now it's going to happen? It just doesn't seem real and I suspect it won't until the thing is built. But so much has to happen between now and then. There's the whole permit thing which is still not done, as well as the excavation work. Then today I had a couple guys come out to give me estimates on removing 4 trees that could be a hazard to the greenhouse if they should drop limbs, which they've been known to do. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the construction company so they can give me an estimate on cost and schedule. After that is another meeting, this time with a greenhouse supply rep - for stuff like potting soil, seedling trays, etc. I won't be ordering supplies probably until January, but I'm trying to get a budget put together for next year.

I have to say that I'm pretty excited, but also stressed out just a tad.

No comments: