welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Friday, September 4, 2009

eastern market

I have tentatively committed to attending Eastern Market in Lancaster next year. Primarily a growers market, it is seasonal, open from June through October. Currently in it's fourth year, it was recently ranked 9th favorite small farmers market in the nation. The folks involved seem friendly and helpful as well as having a lot of energy and the ability to create a buzz. Combine all of that with an affordable cost of participation and it seems like a good fit. There are two other growers markets in the area, but I think Lancaster will be a good start. Perhaps if all goes well there, I'll consider going further afield. We'll see.

No comments: