welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Saturday, August 29, 2009

perhaps a pond...

One of the things that will be required to build a greenhouse is some sort of plan to deal with storm water run-off. Typically what the township recommends is a gravel-filled trench on each side of the structure to capture and slowly disperse the water. I am thinking of proposing a retention basin instead. Mind you, if water just happened to stay in the basin and make the whole thing look like a pond, well, let's just say it wouldn't bother me. I'd like that a lot. I might even help it along. Just saying.

But picture it - a pond in the pasture with sheep grazing quietly along the edge while geese float by and a couple of adirondack chairs to sit in while sipping a cold drink at twilight on a summer evening.

I really hope the township approves it.

No comments: