welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Monday, August 31, 2009

I need a what?

One of the big garden plant sale events around here is the Landis Valley Museum Herb Fair. It's a pretty big deal. Plant and garden lovers come from all over just to attend. I've attended myself many times. And so I called them to see if I could maybe, possibly, have a booth in 2010. As it turns out, they'd love to have me! So I gave them all my info and they said they'd be mailing out the materials in December or January. Not five minutes later, they called back and asked if I had a license from the PA Dept. of Agriculture to sell plants. What? No. Do I need one? Sure do. The very helpful woman from Landis Valley then gave me a contact name and number to call and said it's not a big deal, and that the woman I'd be talking to is pleasant and easy to work with. And she was. The form came in the mail a couple days later. So now all I have to do is fill it out, send in my $40 bucks (every year) and I get my license. Huh. And to think I was that close to being a criminal.

1 comment:

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

I've been there and buy my heirloom tomato plants there every year. You know I think it's criminal that they make you pay $40 every year to sell plants. The poor state needs the money.
See you there next year.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~