welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Monday, April 26, 2010

rainy days and blessings

It rained all day today and so I spent it in the greenhouse in a desperate attempt to get caught up on seeding. Part of the reason I'm so far behind is the seemingly constant rain. Just about every time the ground is nearly dry enough to work, it rains again. And so you know what's going to happen, don't you? I'll finally get things planted and then we'll have a drought. I just know it. Or it'll keep raining and drown everything. Or, or, something else bad. Sorry, dreary days kind of get to me, especially when I want to be outside.

So let's look at this, shall we?


This is Aster's new baby girl. Does your heart good to see something so precious, right? This pretty young thing is a result of Sweet William, my babydoll ram, breaking down a fence and having his way with my shetland ewes.

Oops.

But look at the result.


How could I be mad at William for that?


I don't have it in me.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Heh. You're a farmer now; the weather is SUPPOSED to mess with you. It's in the contract; trust me!

Sheltie Owner said...

What a sweetie! Have you named her? How about Sweet Aster?

Bonnie