welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Saturday, May 29, 2010

market season begins!


This week was the start of the market season for 2010 and also, for me. The verdict? I had a blast! While the Willow Street Growers Market was a bit slow, Eastern Market was hopping. I love the energy of that place and it's people.

Taking my cue from one of today's customers, I decided to make a salad for dinner tonight. Buttercrunch lettuce, chopped cucumbers, strawberries, Sungold tomatoes, and basil, all tossed with balsamic vinegar.

wow.

It just doesn't get much better than this. At least for now. Until the next great salad comes along, that is.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Thats awesome! Glad you had a such a good time! I gave up my market manager position this year at our town farmers' market to do what I'm doing now. I always thought it'd be way more fun to be a vendor! Your stuff looks great!