welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Monday, August 11, 2008

welcome!

Welcome to Tulip Tree Hill, a small (micro-mini?) farm and art studio. Named for the tulip poplars that grow in the woods, the farm consists of 4 acres of pasture, garden, and woodland. Here I raise Old English Babydoll Southdown sheep, bantam chickens, American Buff Geese, and for this summer only, 2 Tamworth cross pigs. The other half of Tulip Tree Hill is my art studio in which I make mixed media sculptures. And while I would love to keep body and soul together with just these two ventures, that isn't possible, so I also work from home as a freelance graphic designer. My companions in all of this are my 3 Standard Schnauzers - Dora, Ava, and Big. 
This will be a place where I share updates on my journey as an artist as well as the ups and downs of attempting to increase sustainability on my little piece of the world. 

No comments: