welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

making lists, and ordering everything on them...

So far, about half of this year's seeds have been ordered - everything I plan to get from Johnny's seeds. The next order to go in will be to Baker Creek. Then just a few odds and ends that neither of these places provide such as sweet potatoes and weird stuff like cotton and licorice. I have to admit to loving the oddball species and varieties - just wait until you see my seedling list! Can you even stand the suspense? Speaking of which, it should soon be available here for anyone who's interested in starting their own plant-buying list.

It's all coming together and starting to happen, folks! Before you know it, spring will be here and all the preparations will begin paying off.

3 comments:

Jody M said...

Ashcombe's Greenhouse in Mechanicsburg had nice sweet potato starts last year, I plan to get mine there this year.

Jody M said...

Oh, and I ordered a catalog called Southern Exposure that had naturally-colored cotton, like green and brown. I'm seriously considering getting some.

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Jody,

Ashcombes is great! I used to work in Harrisburg and would often go over there during my lunch hour to get my daily fix of plants and living things before heading back to the florescent light jungle.

Also, there was a garden center on the West shore in/around Lemoyne that I used to love, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Give the cotton a try! I planted some last year and only one boll managed to ripen, probably due to the extremely cold summer. I want to try again this year and give it a head start with the greenhouse.