welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

do you know what this is?

Can you guess what this is and what my next hare-brained plan might be? I ordered a dozen of these today and hope to start using them in mid-February. Make a guess in the comments section. I'll select randomly from the correct guesses and the winner will receive a free gift that relates to the above item (if all goes according to plan, that will probably be in March - if my plan fails and nothing comes of it, I hope you'll be understanding.)

Amendment: Since almost no one is guessing due to probably not having a clue what this doohickey is, here is the new deal - if there are no correct guesses, then the winner will be picked from all those who've given any guess at all.

Further ammendment - Margie of Resurrection Fern guessed correctly and so the game is over.

6 comments:

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I haven't a clue; was hoping to see a bigger picture by which to better ascertain, but it doesn't "biggify" when double-clicked. Drat.

Sheltie Owner said...

I think this has to do with grapes and wine.

Bonnie Frank

Sheltie Owner said...

Pick me! Pick me!

(The Donkey in Schrek) =:O)

Bonnie

Margie Oomen said...

a spout for getting sap from maple trees

Wanita said...

Not sure what it was called, but I think that it might be the tool used to button the old fashioned shoes and boots of yesteryear.

Claire said...

Well, it's got a hook thingy, and a spouty-looking thingy. I thought it might also be something to do with grapes and wine, or maybe to do with oil and vinegar, but then what the hook thing does is beyond me. Something must hang from that, so my best guess is that it's something to do with rain chains that hang from your gutters, and maybe the spouty bit makes the rain go onto the chain that hangs from the hook bit.