welcome, and thank you for joining me on my farm and studio in southern lancaster county, pennsylvania
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a new kiln!

Okay, so it's used, and it's on the smallish side, but it's new to me and bigger than I've ever had before, which isn't too hard since it's my first one. Tami at Diddywopps offered it to me - for free - since that's how she herself came to have it. Apparently it's been handed down several times from artist to artist, and somehow that makes it even more special. 

What's really great is that I'll be able to experiment with ceramics without having to conform to any one else's schedule. I can fire as much and as often as I like rather than having to wait weeks to see results. Good times!

Thanks, Tami!

3 comments:

Sheltie Owner said...

You are such a geek! Hee Hee
I can say that because I get that way about my knitting, too.

Bonnie

Jennifer and Steve said...

that is so awesome! yay for you!

Michelle at Boulderneigh said...

I'm so excited for you! I'd be jealous, too, except that I don't have time in my life for the hobbies I have, so no point in dreaming about adding back something I haven't done since college.