- Take one onion and three ribs of celery and chop them into small bite-sized pieces. In a heavy stock pot, saute them in a bit of olive oil just until soft, remove from pan and set them aside.
- Now add a bit more olive oil and one pound ground lamb to the pot and saute until cooked.
- Add two cloves of garlic that's been minced to the lamb and saute briefly.
- Next add three tablespoons of flour and stir it around for a minute.
- Add four cups of beef broth, one quart diced canned tomatoes, and some salt and pepper to the lamb mixture. Give it a nice stir, then cover and simmer on low for an hour.
- Now you'll want to add your pre-cooked onions and celery, one pound of potatoes that have been cubed into large bite-sized pieces, two carrots that have been sliced, two bay leaves, two teaspoons of rosemary, one half teaspoon of sage, one half teaspoon oregano, and a half teaspoon thyme. Mix this deliciousness all together, cover once again and simmer on low for another hour (if you can wait that long).
That's it! A one pot meal that is to die for. Thick, rich, hearty, and best of all, seriously tastey.